Todays herb: Reishi – Ganoderma lucidum
- Reishi is traditionally a part of the Chinese and Japanese materia medica.
- Reishi, meaning divine or spiritual mushroom, is from the Japanese tradition, where it is also known as the phantom mushroom, or varnished conk.
- Reishi is a hard and bitter fungus that has been used for more than two thousand years, making it one of the oldest known medicinal mushrooms.
- The wild reishi is relatively rare, with almost all commercial products grown in sterilized environments.
- It grows well on elm, alder, oak and some strains are found on conifers. It is found rarely in the Pacific Northwest.
- Read the rest of the article by clicking the link below:
~ Written by one of Finlandia's Clinical Herbalists: Petra Sovcov of Healing House Natural Wellness Clinic ~
If you would like to connect with Petra:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-store: Tuesday-Thursday
- Finlandia's Health Clinic: Monday and Friday
- Booking Online: https://finlandiahealth.janeapp.com/
As with any form of herbal medicine, the information is not meant to replace medical advice or prescriptions from your MD. All information below is based off of Materia Medica texts and comes from published and historical sources. Click here to find out what reishi supplements Finlandia carries!