When it comes to supporting your health, nothing quite matches Finlandia’s selection, customer service, and expertise.
Over 45 years ago, Finlandia began as a pharmacy with natural selections. Today, Finlandia is known as one of the pioneers in the health industry for our approach to conventional western medicine and alternative medicine.
At Finlandia Pharmacy, you can discuss your condition with our fully licensed pharmacists, and they will help design a health plan for you. Our pharmacists understand the need for prescriptions and the use of conventional medicine, but they also understand that some people want to use a more natural route when possible. Our pharmacists can utilize the knowledge and the selection of both worlds!
- Our modern facility incorporates a sterile compounding room where our compounding team awaits your pharmaceutical needs.
- Compounding is best described as a custom delivery of a medicine, formulated or “compounded” to fill the specific strength/desired delivery system for an individual person. If your physician wishes you to have a drug blended into a transdermal cream, sub-lingual troche, suppository or lollipop, we are able to do this for you.
- We can also omit specific substances, such as lactose and other sugars, if they pose a problem for you.
- We are excited to provide same day delivery!
- Step 1 – Our Pharmacists will need a prescription on file.
- Your doctor can call or fax this in.
- You can bring your prescription in.
- Step 2 – We will need a form of payment.
- This can be done in person or over the phone.
- One prescription in Vancouver - $7.50
- One prescription outside Vancouver- $10
- Two or more prescriptions – Free
- Step 3 – We will prepare your prescription for the same day evening delivery.
- For day-time delivery, we will need one day advance notice.
- There is no delivery on weekends
- Step 4 – Someone will need to be home to accept the delivery
- You can rest assured that you will receive expert service from our qualified pharmacists and compounding personnel.
- You will receive advice on your medication and any health supplement or OTC medication you may be taking or wishing to take.
- Our pharmacists will take the time to check for, and advise you on, possible drug/supplement interactions and side effects that might affect your well being.
Pharmacist Jason Wilhelm is passionate about health. During his 13 years as a drugstore pharmacist, he came to realize that truly helping people regain their health embraced more than the standard pharmacy model. Jason is now following his passion for compounding and maintains expert knowledge of hormonal therapies for men and women. Jason enjoys interacting with customers and making sure they have all the information needed to fully benefit from their medications.
Pharmacist Yuki Takemura started working at Finlandia as a pharmacist assistant. In 2016, Yuki became a Canadian licensed pharmacist! Naturopathic and holistic approaches to health and wellbeing have always been central to Yuki’s values, beliefs and life path. She is thrilled to work in a pharmacy, which promotes a comprehensive vision of health.
Are patients able to fill their common prescription needs at Finlandia?
Yes, we are a full service prescription pharmacy, registered with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia. In addition we offer specialty compounding of both prescription and non-prescription medication.
Does Finlandia accept insurance cards?
Absolutely. We do accept various insurance cards.
Does Finlandia deliver medications and supplements?
We sure do. We are able to deliver medications all over the lower mainland. A small fee may apply depending on the area and number of prescriptions being delivered. Additionally, we are able to ship medications across Canada (only).